Collectors, art amateurs, gallery owners, artists and contemporary photography lovers with all gather at the Fotofever Art Fair at Tour & Taxis – Brussels , 4th -6th October 2013.
Initiated by photographer Roger Schall”s granddaughter, Cécile Schall, this second edition aims at surbsurving encounters between artists, galleries and visitors, potential collectors or buyers. You will find there a perfect and unique panorama of the diversity of talents in the contemporary photography today, through a daring selection of 100 galleries and international editors.
Highlights of this year’s program :
- Artwork from 300 photographers to be discovered.
- Fotoprize – contest for emerging talents. This contest is a clear commitment to help a young artist, freshly graduated from art school, to make her/his 1st step in the art market, offering her/him the opportunity to submit her/his work to the public during both editions of Fotofever in Brussels and Paris. Fotoprize 2013 plebiscites young female photographer Saartje Van De Steene, artist from Ghent Belgium, who will tell you about a 4 months sensitive encounter with the Indian tribe Lakota in Dakota state /United States.
- ”Collection privée” – honoring a private collection that has never been seen before, encouraging young collectors to go forward and start theirs. This year, French collector Alexandre Dupouy will present his around the theme of “the bum”.
- Fototalks – informal talks and exchanges between professional collectors and the public.
- Fotofolios – lecture of portfolios – co-organized with Fetart Association http://www.fetart.org/ , an opportunity for artists to kindly present their portfolios to professionals and personalities of the photography world.
I hope you will enjoy your visit as much as I did yesterday. Don’t hesitate to share your impressions in the comments below.
More info :
Venue : Tour et Taxis, Brussels (on the map)
Schedule : 4th > 6th October 2013
Friday 4 : 12 am – 10 pm
Saturday 5 : 12 am – 7 pm
Sunday 6 : 12 am – 7 pm
More pictures to discover here
Frederic Garroy -” Back to life”, courtesy of Dalaye Art Gallery
Beth Moon – “Island of the Dragon’s Blood – Heart on 2010-2011”, courtesy of PH Neutro Gallery
Saartje Van De Steene – winner of Fotoprize 2013
Carolle Benitah – “13 Corpuscule lamelleux – série: “On ne peut pas voir”, courtesy of Gallery 127
Tim Flach – “Flying Mop 2011”, courtesy of Espace Art 22 Gallery
Osamu Yokonami – “100 children 03”, courtesy of Emon Photo Gallery
Liu Bolin – “Hiding in the city n°107 Family Photo 2012”, courtesy of Galerie Paris-Beijing
Martin Parr – “Common Sense” – LON8701 -Spain -B -1997, courtesy of Galerie Paris-Beijing
Adam Popo – “3C -2013”, courtesy of Galerie Baudelaire