Between 2 and 13 July the students of P.A.R.T.S., the Brussels dance school founded by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, organise a 12 day-long festival. The GXII Festival is curated by the graduating students of P.A.R.T.S- Generation 12 and includes all 44 young artists. These students finish their 3 year-long education and are set to graduate coming July.
The festival will provide a unique overview of the student’s trajectory at P.A.R.T.S. through a myriad of works that span from the 1st year to their graduation. In total over 60 works will be presented, including creations made by the young artists themselves, repertoire by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Trisha Brown, and new creations with Alain Franco, Ivana Müller and Cristian Duarte.
Some highlights of the festival:
- Solos and trios made in the 1st and 2nd year as part of the educational programme.
- A one-time-only performance of The Well-Tempered Clavier by Johann Sebastian Bach in collaboration with pianist Alain Franco. The students will perform to the entirety of this 4 hour-long composition, played live by Franco.
- A special, large scale, version of Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker’sDrumming, adapted for the 44 students.
- Some of the students’ favourites including Passing Through by David Zambrano, excerpts created with Ivana Muller, Let It All Out by Cristian Duarte and A Twelve Ton Rose by Trisha Brown.
- Multiple installations, workshops, live music concerts and markets.
- The GXII Festival radio station in collaboration with Radio Panik, an independent radio in Brussels.